Thursday, August 24, 2017

SUN!

Stole this photo from Brett.  He took it this afternoon.  The sun is almost here!




Aside from that exciting news, nothing new is happening.  I got an official redeployment date.  I will be off of the ice on November 4th, which likely means I'll be leaving the South Pole on November 3rd.  Jason unfortunately won't be redeploying until 6 days after me so I'll be spending about a week by myself in New Zealand, waiting to start vacation.

We booked our open water course in Cairns, Australia with Pro Dives as well!  Brian will be joining us for this portion of the trip and in the open water course with me.  First two days for us will be spent in the pool with the dive instructors, and then all three of us (two Spanns and me) will be going on a liveaboard trip with Pro Dives to the outer reef of the Great Barrier Reef.  Brian and I will complete our open water course there, and Jason is planning to get a mixed gases certification done as well.  Now we just have to book hotels and get Brian on a plane.

Our transportation for the road trip part of our trip in New Zealand is also booked.  It turns out that there is a holiday happening on the South Island the same week we are traveling so it's a good thing we booked our trip so far out.  We likely wouldn't have been able to secure a spot otherwise!

All that remains I guess is figuring out our flights, booking our Sydney part of the trip (Brian will be joining then too), and deciding if we want to go to Bali or not.  I feel like since Brian is traveling as far as he is that he should have some say in this last leg of our trip.  He's okay with going to Bali, but perhaps he'll want to see something else in Australia (HINT HINT BRIAN DO SOME RESEARCH PLEASE).

So that's all.  Just two more months and I'll be outta here.

No comments:

Post a Comment